Anti-Bribery and Corruption CPD & Institute of Hospitality Approved Course Description Acts of bribery and corrupt business practices are still an all to common part of business to business activity in the UK and Worldwide. Inducements can range from small 'facilitation payments' to gifts worth millions of pounds. They can come in many different forms and can sometimes be hard to track down. This course examines some of the reasons why bribery and corruption occur as well as providing an overview of how common these practices are believed to be, before discussing how normal business activities, such as gifts, hospitality, sponsorship and donations, can be manipulated to become bribes. It goes on to cover the legislation that is in place both in the UK and internationally and the severe penalties that can be brought against someone found to be acting a corrupt way. It also looks at the effects of bribery at a national level, including corruption in state-owned enterprises and governments, worldwide. Finally, on a more practical level, it will show you some of the ways management and employees can reduce the risk of bribery and corruption in their organisations, particularly through anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies. Learning Objectives.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Define Bribery and what it entails and how it differs from gifts by understanding the criteria that can be applied to show the difference.
• Understand the motivation behind bribery and the effects on business and society.
• Identify the main legislation that is involved, the offences that can be committed and the principles promoted by the legislation.
• Be able to reduce the risk of bribery through risk assessment and employee responsibilities.
• Apply the Anti Bribery Management System ISO 37001 and its effectiveness within the world of business and commerce.
Target Audience The course content is aimed at employees at all levels of an organisation that may encounter bribery or corrupt working practices. Advantages Training staff in this area can be used as part of a company’s proof that they are actively working to discourage corrupt working practices. Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life. Further Progression For candidates that want to add more qualifications to their CV our Leadership Skills and Developing Teamwork courses are ILM approved and can provide them with a recognised qualification. For candidates new to management roles Managing Meetings would be a great next step although working through any of our range of Business Skills courses would be valuable.