Level 1 Food Safety – Catering CPD, IIRSM, Gatehouse Awards & Institute of Hospitality Approved Food Handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and UK Laws. These Laws state that food handlers must make sure that food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold, is safe for human consumption. Failing to follow food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences. Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to give them greater awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
The Level 1 Awards in Food Safety provide an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
• New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
• Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
• Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
• Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
Learning Objectives By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the key legislation involved with food safety and its application to the workplace.
• Recognise hazards that can occur during delivery through to service of food and how to contain them.
• Understand the nature of microorganisms and their link for food borne illnesses and food poisoning.
• State the safety procedures and how they assist with controlling risk in the catering environment.
• Demonstrate the importance of effective pest control.